Academic Majors & Programs
The Ohio State University at Mansfield offers students the advantage of completing many Ohio State academic programs in a small-campus setting with the resources of a world-class university. We offer smaller, interactive classes that allow for a one-on-one relationship with your professors. Many degrees can be earned entirely at Ohio State Mansfield.
Faculty excellence: Study with professors who are active researchers. All of our faculty have earned the highest degrees in their fields. Over the years, seven have received Ohio State’s prestigious Alumni Award for Distinguished Teaching.
Students can complete all of the requirements at the Mansfield campus for a Bachelor's degree in each of the following:
- Business Management - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Child and Youth Studies – Bachelor of Science in Education
- Criminology & Criminal Justice Studies - Bachelor of Arts
- Early Childhood Education (with teacher licensure) - Bachelor of Science in Education
- Middle Childhood Education (with teacher licensure) - Bachelor of Science in Education
- English - Bachelor of Arts (literature and writing concentrations)
- History - Bachelor of Arts
- Psychology - Bachelor of Arts
- Nursing: R.N. to B.S.N. - Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Social Work - Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Sociology - Bachelor of Arts
Get Your Start in any of Ohio State's 200+ Majors and finish in Columbus
Regardless of which Ohio State degree program you want to pursue, you can complete one-to-three years of Ohio State’s over 200 majors (available coursework varies by major) in Mansfield before making the seamless transition to the Columbus campus to complete your degree. In addition to Ohio State's over 200 majors, there are hundreds of specializations and minors, as well as the opportunity to double major.
Campus Change Minimum requirements:
Students can change to the Columbus campus with a minimum of 30 earned hours (earned after high school graduation) and at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA. This excludes credits earned from testing, e.g. advanced placement testing or Ohio State foreign language testing.
Academic units on the Columbus campus may have additional requirements. Students who are not yet ready to decide on a major, or are not yet eligible for a selective admission major would make a campus change into the Exploration Program.
Key Academic Programs in Mansfield
- Engineering: Ohio State Mansfield offers the first full year of coursework towards an Ohio State degree in engineering in addition to growing the general education curriculum for engineering.
- Environment and Natural Resources: Complete your first year of general education coursework required for any of the majors in the School of Environmental and Natural Resources, then transition seamlessly to Columbus. Our EcoLab provides the ideal habitat to study some of the largest vernal pools in the state of Ohio, as well as forests, prairies and streams, all teeming with wildlife. Outdoor classrooms and a boardwalk over wetlands provide a natural setting for study and research.
If you want to be a lawyer or go into a health profession, you’ll want to participate in one of Ohio State's pre-professional programs while completing an undergraduate degree of your choice. Pre-professional programs help you prepare for professional school after graduation. Identifying your pre-professional interest will enable your academic advisor to provide you with a wide range of support to realize your goals.
When you apply for admission to Ohio State, one of the application questions will ask if you are interested in a pre-professional program. There you can indicate your interest in:
- Pre-veterinary medicine
Pre-professional programs are not majors, so you'll also need to select a major.
Learn about recommended majors and more at
Associate of Arts Degrees
The Associate of Arts (AA) degree is a nice option for someone who wants to earn a diploma to mark two years, or 60 credits, of successful college coursework. The AA degree can be a stepping stone to a bachelor’s degree, or can be a stand-alone degree.
Students can complete the requirements at the Mansfield campus for a minor in:
- Art Studio
- Professional Writing
- Sexuality Studies