Resources Available free for All Ohio State Students
Buckeye Careers: This site is designed to steer you in the right direction for your career services' needs. As one of America's largest and finest public research universities, Ohio State is committed to students' discovery of their passions, development of their skills and attainment of career-related, experiences in preparation for becoming contributing citizens of the world.
Handshake: Ohio State’s comprehensive, web-based career services management platform to help employers find and engage with talented students for internship, co-op and career opportunities.
Parker Dewey – Find Micro Internships and Gig Opportunities: is a network of highly-motivated career launchers and business professionals working together on micro-internships. As a consulting firm, Parker Dewey helps companies more effectively complete tasks and improve hiring. They do this by contracting with college students and recent graduates who want to work on short-term, professional projects so that they can generate income while demonstrating capabilities and gaining practical experience.
*Please note: International Students are only legally authorized to work on short-term projects if the work occurs on-site/at the employer's physical location, related to their field of study and involves direct supervision. CPT will not be issued for remote or independent projects performed remotely.
Buckeye OnPACE is a series of self-guided career modules that can assist students in learning more about themself and choosing a major(s)/careers, applying to grad school and preparing to enter the workforce as a responsible, global citizen. Changes in the workplace will require students to manage their choices proactively by being adaptable, self-initiating and collaborative. With OnPACE, students will similarly manage and complete each module based on their career needs and/or following a step by step approach.
ScarletCanvas is Ohio State's Learning Management System for public-facing, non-credit offerings. Learners can access free and paid offerings on a variety of topics, from Swift coding to public health and more.
Career Closet: Dress professionally with the help of Student Life's Career Closet. Having trouble finding clothes for your job, internship or interviews? The Career Closet offers a variety of sizes and styles allowing you to mix and match or walk away with a complete outfit! Can be found in room 275 of Ovalwood.
The Occupational Outlook Handbook
Occupational profiles (definitions, job descriptions , educational requirements, salary information) plus much more.
- Community Opportunity: Find local jobs in Richland, Crawford and Wyandot Counties on the Community Opportunity’s website.
- OhioMeansJobs: Centers assist job seekers, employers and youth with job search assistance, employee recruitment, job training and more.
- Big Interview through OhioMeansJobs
- Access OhioMeansJobs.com
- Click “Individuals: Get Started”
- Select “Practice Interviews” from the bottom icons
- Choose “Visit Interview Practice Center”
- Click “Continue” when dialogue box open
- Ohio Department of Education: A Career Pathway is a collective look at education and training, wage and outlook information for related occupations. These pathways offer an overview of the various career options along with education and training.
- Jewish Family Services helps ALL people in the two most important aspects of their lives: family and work. Through a unique combination of mental health and workforce development services, they help people and families become stronger. Access job search online tools, resources and leads that help people to be more successful in finding and securing employment.
- Rev1 Ventures: The investor startup studio that combines capital and strategic services to help startups scale. Rev1 Ventures works with some of the most innovative and exciting technology startup businesses in the region, offering exciting opportunities in research, software development, business development and more. They also host a job board for these start-ups.
- Versatile PhD is an online resource developed by Paula Chambers, a PhD English alumna of Ohio State. It offers a knowledgeable, supportive online community, regular asynchronous panel discussions with PhDs who have pursued non-academic careers and other content that supports successful job searches. Through the Graduate School’s subscription, all Ohio State students, faculty, staff and alumni have access to the full resources of the Versatile PhD. Participation in Versatile PhD is completely confidential and is a great resource for graduate students looking to learn more about potential career options.