Help your child learn and grow while you do, too.
Working towards an Ohio State degree while raising a family calls for dedication and commitment. That’s why The Ohio State University at Mansfield offers qualifying students with children access to our Child Development Center. Serving the needs of both Ohio State Mansfield and North Central State students for more than 25 years, the center offers educational childcare for children from six weeks to kindergarten. We're dedicated to providing affordable childcare for families: Our costs are based on family income and we participate in Ohio's Publicly Funded Child Care program.
You’ll earn your college degree. Your child will get high-quality care.
Once admitted, your child will spend the day with a highly trained staff of caregivers, teachers and students preparing for careers in childhood development. Selected for their ability to nurture and grow young minds, our staff offers you the support and resources that you and your family need to thrive.
"The women at the Child Development Center on the Mansfield campus were like second moms to my daughter. If it weren’t for Ohio State Mansfield, I wouldn’t have been able to get my degree."Becca Lamp, ’18, ’19 MS
We’re ready to welcome your family.
The Child Development Center at Mansfield offers:
- A curriculum designed to foster your child’s social, emotional, physical, cognitive, language and creative development
- A rich balance of active and quiet play, indoor and outdoor experiences, learning through play and purposeful teaching
- A welcoming environment so you can visit during arrivals and departures
- An Early Head Start program that enrolls 40 infants, toddlers and pregnant women
- Meals include breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack for all children in attendance
- Accommodations for all breastfeeding mothers as well as children with special dietary needs
- Licensure by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Accreditation by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
Is the Child Development Center right for your family?
Come see the quality and care your child will enjoy firsthand by calling to arrange a personal visit. You’re also welcome to call to learn more about what center offers, its policies and services, and the cost to your family.
You can pick-up an application at the front desk between 7:00 am and 5:30 p.m. or download, complete and then submit your application in person or by mailing it to:
Child Development Center
2441 Kenwood Circle
Mansfield, OH 44906
You can also fax the application to 419-755-5605.
Explore college life at Mansfield
Whether you're looking for a new club to join or a great event to attend, Mansfield has it.