Submit Transcripts and Scores
If you have taken one or more college courses (while in high school or after high school), then an official transcript for those courses needs to be on file with Ohio State.
An official transcript is one sent directly from each college/university where courses were taken to Ohio State and the student must contact each school to request transcripts be sent.
Transcripts should be sent electronically, if possible. The address to have them sent to is:
If electronic delivery is not possible, have transcript(s) mailed to the address below:
The Ohio State University
P.O. Box 182646
Columbus, OH 43218-2646
- Students currently enrolled in a course can request that their transcript be sent once final grades are posted at the end of the semester.
- Be sure to keep any confirmations received by the school in case a transcript is not received in an appropriate amount of time, so you have proof of requesting it.
- Transcripts sent via U.S. Mail or Overnight will take longer to process than transcripts sent electronically.
- Once received, transcripts for admitted students should be evaluated within 7-10 business days. Instructions for Viewing Transfer Credit Evaluation (PDF)
- Unofficial transcripts (those not sent directly from the school to Ohio State, as well as college courses listed on a high school transcript) are NOT accepted by the University.
OFFICIAL TEST SCORES (ACT, SAT, AP & IB)
While not required for admission purposes, if you took any of these tests, the scores do help determine placement testing requirements.
An official score report must be on file with Ohio State if you wish to have the scores used to determine placement testing requirements. If you did not request a score report to be sent to Ohio State when taking the test, click on the appropriate link below to request an official score report from the appropriate testing agency.
The codes for Ohio State by test are as follows:
Send ACT Scores Ohio State School Code: 3312
Send SAT Scores Ohio State School Code: 1009
Send AP Scores Ohio State School Code: 1952
Send IB Scores Ohio State School Code: Ohio State University – All Campuses
- Scores reports must be sent electronically from the testing organization to Ohio State to be considered an official score report.
- Be sure to keep any confirmations received by the testing agency in case a score report is not received in an appropriate amount of time, so you have proof of requesting it.
- Once received, score reports should be posted to a student’s record within 1-2 business days.
- Scores listed on high school transcripts or images of test score reports are not accepted by the University.