Orientation and Placement Testing
Summer Semester Admits
This site outlines the steps you need to take and addresses the questions you may have as you prepare for and attend orientation. Review each section to ensure you meet testing deadlines and are prepared to make the most of your orientation.
- Activate your Ohio State Username and email account at my.osu.edu. Your username and password grant access to My Buckeye Link. buckeyelink.osu.edu
- Access and begin using your Ohio State email account at email.osu.edu.
- Order official final transcripts from all institutions from which you have been awarded college credit. registrar.osu.edu/transfer_credit/index.asp
- Pay the $100 acceptance fee and/or complete community enrollment questions (if you haven’t already) at appstatus.osu.edu. In the Admissions section, click on the "Accept/Decline" link.
- Complete required online placement testing by visiting mansfield.osu.edu/placement.
- Complete the Financial Responsibility Statement at buckeyelink.osu.edu/task/all/financial-responsibility-statement.
- Empty your To Do List at buckeyelink.osu.edu/task/all/to-do-list
- Call 419-755-4091 to arrange for an orientation/scheduling appointment with your academic advisor or if you have any questions about your next steps.
The Ohio State University at Mansfield’s Orientation will be your first real taste of life as a Buckeye. Orientation will help you begin to feel at home on the Mansfield campus and help you become familiar with the wide range of academic opportunities available at Ohio State Mansfield.
Orientation is your opportunity to learn (almost) everything you need to know in order to have a successful start at Ohio State in the spring. You'll also get to schedule classes! Jot down your questions and bring your list with you to orientation to be sure ALL your questions are asked and answered.