The Ohio State Value
The Ohio State University at Mansfield is Ohio State
The Mansfield campus is more personal. More convenient. Less expensive. Mansfield offers you every opportunity to begin your Buckeye Journey. Mansfield is Ohio State and a great place to begin pursuing your dreams.
You’re a Buckeye
Every Mansfield campus student has access to the incredible resources of The Ohio State University. Whether it’s world-class professionals, libraries, research facilities, student activities, or football tickets, we have what you need to thrive as a Buckeye.
Ohio residents who graduated from a chartered high school or have a GED, and never attended any other college can enroll at Mansfield. Transfer students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Pathways to a Buckeye Degree
A Mansfield student can:
- Complete their entire degree program in up to 10 majors right here in Mansfield
- Complete first-year course work for many of Ohio State’s 14 engineering degree programs
- Complete one to three years (depending on the major) toward one of Ohio State’s 200+ bachelor’s degree programs before transitioning to Columbus to finish your degree
Regardless of the pathway that you choose, you can graduate as a Buckeye with one of the most respected diplomas in the world and join a network of over 500,000 alumni worldwide.
Mansfield to Columbus
Mansfield students in good academic standing may transition to the Columbus campus any time after they have completed 30 post-secondary semester hours. Some programs may have more rigorous enrollment criteria, so speak to your advisor and create your academic plan.
Our faculty hold the highest degree in their fields and are dedicated to helping students achieve their educational goals. Beyond their work in the classroom, they are engaged in their disciplines. Research and scholarship produced on the Mansfield Campus makes a global impact.
- World-Renowned Faculty: Our faculty are recognized for their stellar work. Seven have received Ohio State’s prestigious Alumni Award for Distinguished Teaching; annually, only 10 awards are earned out of the 4,000 faculty in the system.
- Ground-Breaking Research: We have research that fits your interest. From history to psychology, English to education, our students are making an impact. Annually, outstanding research projects are featured at the Denman Undergraduate Research Forum on the Columbus campus.
- Learning Beyond the Classroom: Today’s careers require practical experience. Members of our local business community seek talented students to take part in day-to-day operations that can lead to full-time employment.
- Education Abroad: Whether it’s one of the Mansfield campuses’ programs or any of Ohio State’s 200+ programs, students have numerous opportunities to gain global experience while they are Buckeyes.
Every student can take advantage of numerous academic support services available on campus.
Make the Most of Your College Experience
- First Year Experience: Get off to a great start. First Year Experiences programs are designed to help you make a positive transition to college.
- Get Involved: Become a campus leader by getting involved in activities which align to your academic, social, or civic interests.
- Focus on Health: There are many ways for you to exercise for fun and fitness.
- On Doctor’s Orders: We offer transportation to local Urgent Care providers during school hours.
- Arts on Campus: A variety of theater productions, gallery exhibits, and performances are scheduled throughout the school year with plenty of opportunities for you to participate.