Been Admitted? Here Are the Top Reasons Why You Should Attend Ohio State Mansfield!
By Rosie Stone, Student Intern
Deciding which college to attend comes with many factors to consider. You want a college that provides you the knowledge and skills that you need for your future career path, but also becomes your home away from home. At The Ohio State University at Mansfield, students have the opportunity to grow as an individual and to be part of a close-knit community that is committed to helping you succeed. If you’re still undecided about which university you want to attend this fall, here are a few reasons why you might want to commit to Ohio State Mansfield.
- Ohio State is one university with many locations.
- Whether you attend the Columbus campus or Mansfield campus, you will earn your degree from the #1 ranked public university in the state of Ohio.
- Buckeyes can choose from several majors that can be completed at Ohio State Mansfield or they have the option to transition to Columbus to complete any of the 200+ majors offered at the university.
- As a Buckeye on the Mansfield campus, you can take advantage of education abroad, participate in research and get access to football tickets.
- Our smaller campus creates an intimate learning environment where you can build strong relationships.
- Our student faculty ratio is 11:1 and the average class size is 15 students. Coupling that with our award-winning faculty, many of whom hold doctorate degrees, students have the unique opportunity to have more one-on-one time with their professors.
- Advisors are your biggest supporter and there for you every step of the way.
- Ohio State Mansfield students have access to writing, math, and many other tutors to make the adjustment to college coursework easier.
- Students get to know each other inside and outside the classroom. You can participate in existing clubs or start your own, making lifelong connections while gaining leadership skills and becoming an engaged citizen.
- Local businesses and collaboratives actively engage with students through internship programs to offer real-world experience and networking opportunities. We prepare you for success after graduation!
- Decrease your investment in college without compromising a quality education.
- The cost of attendance is a significant factor in the college decision process and at Ohio State Mansfield, you receive an excellent experience that will prepare you for what’s next, but for less!
- Students who qualify for Pell Grants are eligible for the Buckeye Opportunity Program, which bridges the gap between aid and tuition/fees beginning the second semester of enrollment.
- Students also have the opportunity to pursue scholarships to help offset expenses.
- There’s something for everyone to experience off-campus!
- If you’re a movie fan, one of our most popular attractions is The Ohio State Reformatory, which has served as a filming location for Shawshank Redemption, Ghost Hunters, Escape Plan 3: Devil’s Station, as well as many other creations.
- Into winter sports? Definitely check out Snow Trails, which offers skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing!
- Mansfield is also home to Malabar Farm State Park, one of America’s most famous farms which was once home to Pulitzer Prize-winning author and conservationist Louis Bromfield. Fun fact: Ohio State Mansfield’s library is named after him!
- There are lots of great local coffee places, restaurants, shops and entertainment to explore, too!
- The community is friendly, and the city is easy to navigate around. Plus, Ohio State Mansfield is conveniently located between Cleveland and Columbus.
Attending Ohio State Mansfield offers a great experience for students (including me) and many have called it home throughout their college careers. Will you be next?