Just because you have finished your first year of college doesn’t mean you know exactly what you want to do with your life. Year two can be one of accelerated learning, expanded opportunities for personal development and richer social and career engagement. Providing you the tools needed to succeed in college, in life and in your future career is what’s behind the STEP program at Ohio State.
STEP — short for Second-year Transformational Experience Program — offers you a way to turn your second year at Ohio State Mansfield into a launchpad to personal, professional and educational achievement.
Why participate in STEP?
You'll experience new things.
Whether you want to solve a problem right here in Mansfield or make change abroad, the STEP program will connect you with opportunities to make a difference.
You’ll create your path forward.
We’ll help you fully explore your academic interests, boost your confidence and grow your network — giving you valuable tools and knowledge to start your career.
You’ll have a great resume.
STEP will help you find the personal experiences you need to stand out in the competitive job market.
STEP participants get to:
- Build mentoring relationships with faculty and staff outside of the classroom
- Engage with co-curricular programs across campus
- Complete financial literacy education
- Explore six categories of transformational experiences
- Have the option to create a written proposal on how to use up to $2000 in STEP fellowship funding to support their transformational experiences
We're here to help
“The STEP program shows students how to make their academic and professional goals a reality.” -Cynthia Callahan, Professor of English
At Ohio State Mansfield, student researchers abound
Work alongside your professors to undertake original research in a range of majors.