Students can change to the Columbus campus with a minimum of 30 earned hours (earned after high school graduation) and at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA. This excludes credits earned from testing, e.g. advanced placement testing or Ohio State foreign language testing.
Academic units on the Columbus campus may have additional requirements. Students who are not yet ready to decide on a major, or are not yet eligible for a selective admission major would make a campus change into the Exploration Program.
Time Table for Making a Campus Change
- Submit a Housing Request: Come to 104 Riedl Hall to fill out a housing information card before January 27, 2017.
- Update your FAFSA and apply for Columbus Campus Scholarships by February 1. See a financial aid specialist for more information.
- Print out an updated degree audit for the major you wish to pursue.
- If applicable, become aware of any selective admission standards and prerequisite courses for the major you want.
- Identify courses or GE areas on your degree audit that you will select from for your autumn schedule
- Exploring students should begin thinking about some majors they would like to learn more about.
- Campus change appointments begin the week of February 6, 2017. Appointments will continue through March and April.
Note: Campus changes submitted in February are not processed any faster than those done in March or April. Processing does not take place until spring semester grades are posted in May. Call 419-755-4317 to make an appointment.
- Attend the Campus Change Information Session
Date: Tuesday, February 28 o get a short orientation to the Columbus Campus.
Location: 151 Riedl Hall (Conard Performance Hall)
Representatives from Columbus give a short presentation on many topics related to campus change & will be available for Q&A before and after the program.
All students wishing to change campuses are encouraged to attend. Pizza will be served in the Riedl Atrium following the presentation.
- Schedule an advising appointment with the advisor who works with the major that you want to pursue.
- Use the advising meeting to verify that you have the correct degree audit and select a tentative schedule for your first semester in Columbus. If possible, enter a schedule proposal in the Schedule Planner on Buckeye Link before your campus change meeting.
- Identify your registration appointment time for autumn semester on Buckeye Link. (summer registration times are earlier than the times for autumn)
- Course Scheduling for Autumn 2017 begins in mid April.
- Schedule your summer or autumn semester classes for Columbus during your enrollment appointment time which appears on Buckeye Link. Students are expected to schedule classes during their enrollment appointment time, which is before the campus changes are processed. Don't wait, schedule on time!
- Campus Change will not be finalized until your spring grades post in mid May. College offices in Columbus review the spring semester grades for the students who requested a campus change into their programs.
- Campus changes are processed for the students who have met the criteria.
- New advisors are assigned.
- Emails are sent out verifying that the campus change request has been approved and processed and a new advisor has been assigned.