Adequate preparation for pursuing a college degree requires careful financial planning. This information is provided to assist you in this effort. Fee tables, payment options, deadlines and financial aid programs are a few of the links available on
BuckeyeLink. Another helpful website is the Ohio State Registar. To apply for student loans and complete a FAFSA, go to FAFSA.gov. The OSU code to enter is: 003090.
For students who intend to apply for financial aid, the College suggests that you make application for multiple aid programs. The College website lists both undergraduate and graduate scholarships and fellowships under each program. Financial aid is also made available through hundreds of private foundations, business organizations, etc. There are several periodicals available in the University and public libraries which list other resources including the Annual Register of Grant Support, The Grants Register, and the Directory of Financial Aid for Women.
The Ohio State University at Mansfield Social Work Scholarships
The Scholarship Committee may award up to 6 scholarships to BSSW students who are admitted to one of the Social Work Programs at Ohio State Mansfield.
- Recipients are selected based on:
- Financial need based on FAFSA information.
- Demonstrated dedication to the profession based on resume and written statement (see below).
- Earned 3.0 GPA or higher in most recent academic year in College. Enrollment at Ohio State Mansfield for at least ½ of total credit hours in the academic year (AU, SP) for which application is received.
Please follow these steps to apply:
- Complete a FAFSA form online.
- Complete a resume making sure to add any social service or volunteer experiences.
- In a typed, double spaced, 2-3 page response, please tell the committee why you deserve this scholarship.
- Mail numbers 2 and 3 to: The Ohio State University at Mansfield, Social Work Program Office, Riedl Hall, 1760 University Drive, Mansfield, Ohio 44906
Application deadline is July 1st of each year to be considered for a scholarship for the next academic year (AU, SP semesters). Scholarship renewal will be based on volume of applications and availability of funds. All applicants will be notified of selection by email by August 1st of each year. For BSSW award recipients, $250 will be applied to your account for AU and SP semesters.