Register for Orientation
Freshman are required to attend an orientation program in its entirety. [agenda]
Transfer students must register by phone. A transfer student is a student who enrolled in and/or took classes at a college/university after high school.
Parents/guardians are welcome but not required to attend. Those who choose to attend will have free time in the afternoon to explore the Mansfield community. See the agenda for more information about the days events.
Tuesday, June 11 (Full) Thursday, June 13 (Full) Friday, June 14 (Full)
Tuesday, July 9 (Full) Friday, July 12 (Full) Tuesday, July 23 (Full) Friday, July 26 (Full)
Tuesday, August 6
Friday, August 9
Freshman Registration Instructions
Self Service Orientation Registration has closed for the Tuesday, August 6 orientation program. Complete required online placement testing and call 419-755-4203 to inquire about available seats.
- Consult with your guests about their availability; once you have reserved a program it cannot be changed online.
- Log in to your Applicant Center with your Ohio State Username and password and click on the Orientation Information link to register for a program.
- Reserve your orientation date. Since you register for classes at orientation, the earlier you are able to attend orientation, the more flexibility you’ll have in scheduling classes for your first semester. Attend the earliest orientation date by which you can complete placement testing (if required). Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The online reservation system will only show remaining available orientation dates.
- Upon successfully reserving a program online, you will see an online confirmation. You are welcome to print out this confirmation. An email confirmation will follow within the next business day. However, you can visit appstatus.osu.edu to view your confirmation at any time.
- Your orientation date selection is contingent upon completing required placement testing. Math & English test scores must be posted prior to your orientation program.
Your autumn semester Statement of Account will show a one-time $50 University Orientation fee, which covers administrative costs. This fee does not need to be paid at orientation but will be paid along with tuition by the payment deadline.