Dates & Registration
June (closed to self-service):
Tuesday, June 27
Thursday, June 29
Friday, June 30
Tuesday, July 18
Thursday, July 20
Friday, July 21
Tuesday, August 8
Thursday, August 10
Friday, August 11
If all placement testing is complete and you would like to inquire about open seats in June programs, contact the Orientation & Placement Testing Office.
View the Orientation Program Agenda
Time: 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Event: *Check-In & Resource Tables
Location: Atrium, Riedl Hall (Building #1)
*Granola bars, orange juice, water, & coffee available during check-in
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Event: Morning Program
Location: Conard Performance Hall, 151 Riedl Hall (Building #1)
Time: 11:15 a.m. to noon
Location: Marketplace at Eisenhower (Building #6)
**Students & guests with dietary restrictions should contact the Orientation & Placement Testing Office upon registering for an orientation program.
Time: Noon to 4 p.m.
Event: Afternoon Presentations (Scheduling, Hot Topics)
Location: Various Locations
Orientation registration email invitations are sent on a rolling basis beginning May 1, according to the date students pay acceptance fees. You will select an orientation date during the online registration. Registration is required! Walk-ins will not be accommodated.
- Consult with your guests about their availability; once you have reserved a program it cannot be changed online.
- Log in to the Applicant Center with your Ohio State Username and password and click on the Orientation Information link to register for a program.
- Reserve your orientation date. Since you register for classes at orientation, the earlier you are able to attend orientation, the more flexibility you’ll have in scheduling classes for your first semester. Attend the earliest orientation date by which you can complete placement testing (if required). Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The online reservation system will only show available orientation dates. Once a program is full, it will not show as available.
- Upon successfully reserving a program online, you will see an online confirmation. You are welcome to print out this confirmation. An email confirmation will follow within the next business day. However, you can visit appstatus.osu.edu to view your confirmation at any time.
- Your orientation date selection is contingent upon completing required placement testing.
Transfer students with more than 30 semester or 45 quarter hours of college-level courses (post high school) must register by phone. A transfer student is a student who enrolled in and/or took classes at a college/university after high school.