The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) is committed to becoming a national model as it relates to the holistic development and success of diverse student populations at The Ohio State University at Mansfield. To this end, OMA strives to foster a campus environment of inclusion, pluralism and social justice. The Office of Multicultural Affairs seeks to create and sustain partnerships within the local community that will promote access and equity in higher education.
To advance the personal and academic excellence of diverse student populations, at The Ohio State University at Mansfield, by creating an inclusive and welcoming campus and community culture. OMA undertakes initiatives aimed at the recruitment, retention, and success of diverse students, by collaborating with faculty, staff, and, community partners.
- To create programs and services to increase retention, persistence and graduation of students of color, first generation, and low-income students
- To actively participate in recruitment efforts and strategies directed diverse student populations
- To provide opportunities for students to actively engage in campus life and provide ongoing opportunities for leadership development
- To serve as an advocate for underrepresented students at OSU Mansfield
- To promote an a appreciation for cultural diversity on campus , including diversity education and training for students, faculty, and staff
- To develop outreach programs to encourage high school graduation, college attendance and completion in the greater Mansfield community
Student Learning Outcomes
Through interaction with the Office of Multicultural Affairs, students will:
- Acquire and apply knowledge that will serve as tools for positive interactions with a diverse society
- Reflect upon their own identity and develop a greater understanding of their cultural, values, ideas and beliefs
- Engage in the development and sustainability of their local and global community
- Think critically about issues and problems that impact the global society
- Gain an appreciation for individuals who are different from themselves through meaningful interactions
- Develop academic, personal and professional goals that reflect leadership development, career awareness and personal wellness