Professional Development Support (Staff)
The Ohio State University at Mansfield supports staff who wish to participate in professional development. Full time regular staff members will receive reimbursement for training and development costs if the program has been approved by the staff member's supervisor. The approval will be dependent upon the nature of the opportunity and its relevance to the employee's current or future potential position. Approval must be obtained prior to participation if the staff member wants to be reimbursed. If you are traveling, a "T" number must be obtained before travel arrangements are made. The specific guidelines include:
1. These guidelines apply to staff-initiated requests for training and development.
2. Funds may be limited due to budget constraints, so please submit your requests as early as possible in the fiscal year (beginning July 1).
3. Training and development opportunities may include, but are not limited to: conferences and seminars, short courses, travel to other institutions to meet with colleagues in a similar area.
4. These funds cannot be used for training that does not enhance the staff member's performance at OSU Mansfield (e.g. real estate course, personal money management, ballroom dancing).
5. Complete the “Staff Training and Development Form” and submit it to your supervisor. Forms are available in Human Resources and on this site under “Forms.”
6. Requests can be made anytime during the fiscal year.
7. Funds must be expended by the end of the fiscal year (June 30).