It is important for campus offices and student organizations to have adequate opportunities to publicize their events. It is also important
to maintain an attractive campus, free of unnecessary litter. The following guidelines are designed to achieve those objectives.
Students, faculty, and staff may post information and notices concerning their organization/department in areas designated by NC
State/OSU-Mansfield administration, such as the bulletin boards in each of the buildings. These postings must be stamped and approved
prior to posting (approval process below). When in doubt, contact the Office of Campus Life for assistance at 419-755-4314. Guidelines
for posting include:
- Posting inside of campus buildings must observe all posting guidelines specific to that building or department. Each building
monitor will receive a stamp with the building name, a date (this date will represent the day the information should be taken
down), and a place for the monitor to initial. Each building monitor will be responsible for stamping a date on the item(s) to be
posted. The date to be removed should be within 24 hours after the date of the event or within 20 working days of the request for
posting. The building monitor is responsible for monitoring institutional activities only.
- Only one notice per event may be posted per board surface. You can contact the Office of Campus Life for the number of bulletin
boards on the entire campus.
- Posted material should not cover or obstruct other notices.
- Posted material should be of a reasonable size relative to the size of the posting area (5x5, 5x7, or 8-1/2 x 11 preferred).
- Posting is prohibited on all pieces of artwork, trees, furniture & seating, streets & signs, glass surfaces, doors, painted surfaces,
columns, etc. In the case of emergency, the administration of the institutions may post a notice on a door area.
- Chalk may be used to post notices on sidewalks, but is prohibited on buildings. Under no circumstances may acrylics, ink or
paint be used on any permanent surface.
- The limited posting of flyers and distribution of handbills across the entire campus is allowed for organizations that have a current
official partnership with or sponsorship of campus groups and activities, including but not limited to: fundraising; theater, music,
and art collaborations; campus recreation teams and events; campus life programs; and other similar relationships. Materials from
these external organizations would be received, reviewed, and posted by OSU Mansfield Development Office staff, in collaboration
with NC State Institutional Advancement staff.
- The Office of Campus Life provides a special bulletin board in the Eisenhower Student Union for students interested in selling
books, looking for roommates, etc. Students should contact Campus Life for more information.
- Digital signage is for the exclusive use of OSU-Mansfield and NC State College, with content reviewed by designated campus
Campus personnel will remove notices from all student posting areas on a bi-weekly basis. These areas will also be checked regularly to
remove dated notices, non-campus related postings and violations.
Violations of this policy will be handled through the Office of Campus Life and other appropriate NC State/OSU Mansfield personnel.
Groups or individuals responsible for violations will be assessed the actual cost of clean up and any necessary repairs.
Prior approval is required before anything is posted. For approval and distribution, please see the following for different types of
Student organizations and campus programmatic committees should contact the Office of Campus Life in Eisenhower.
External vendors and non-profits should contact the OSU-Mansfield Development Office in Riedl 208.
All other internal institutional postings should be handled by the building monitors listed below.
Campus Building Monitors
To have something approved, please report to one of the following monitors, depending on the building where you will be posting the
FALLERIUS: Roberta Moore, Rm 158
KEHOE: Stevie Bowler, Rm 150
HEALTH SCIENCES: Betty Hager, Rm 201
CRC: Jennifer Racer
BROMFIELD: Library/1st floor Beth Burns - Second Floor Kimberly Lybarger, Rm 209
OVALWOOD: Marna Utz, Rm 269
EISENHOWER: Tammy Smith, Union
KEE HALL: Deb Huguenin
RIEDL: Laura Grimm, Rm 104
CONARD LRC: Kris Moloney, Rm 100
CDC: Monica Durham
Approved by Shared Services Committee, 1997
Revisions approved by Shared Services Committee, 1/22/02, 12/16/05, 1/26/06, 9/29/08
Prepared by S. Minck, OSU-Mansfield