1. BuckeyeLink
  2. Library
  3. Carmen
  4. OSU Columbus
  5. Webmail

Independent Studies

OSU-M faculty frequently arrange independent studies with students at the student's request.  It is up to the instructor whether or not to accept such requests.  Teaching of independent studies is ordinarily not compensated nor considered part of the normal teaching load.

If you agree to an independent study, you must:

1.       Obtain departmental permission to teach it if such permission is required by the department.
2.       Fill out the Permission for Independent Study form and submit it to the Associate Dean (see "Forms" page).
3.       Be sure that the student fulfills the prerequisites for the course.  Each department differs in its requirements.  See the department's Course Offerings Book listing for details.